Welcome to the Buoyant Capital Collective (website hosting and related informational services managed by BCAP.biz), a membership organization (“website”, we, us, our), professional services, and online services. Buoyant Capital Collective values the privacy of our members, subscribers, customers, and others who visit and use the website and our associated services (collectively or individually, “You” or “Users” or “Members”).
The Information BCAP.biz Collects:
- User-provided Information: You may provide to BCAP.biz what is generally called “personally identifiable” information as well as business information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number, billing information and other personal and business information) when using the website.
- “Cookies” Information: When you visit the website, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. BCAP.biz may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the website. By using these cookies, we can “remember” what you have done on the website before and personalize our site for you. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of the functionality and site offerings available at the website.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you visit the website or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the website, the pages you view on the website, and the dates and times that you visit the website.
The way BCAP.biz Uses Information:
- We use the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the website as well as related services of the membership organization. We may use your email address, without further consent, to provide you with updates on the status of any application you may have submitted, to inform you of major updates to website and related services, for customer service and administrative purposes, or to contact you regarding any information or other content that you have posted to the website.
- We use all of the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users and members, to improve the way the website work and look, and to create new features and functionality. As well as to provide new services.
- We may use certain of your personally identifiable information, such as your name, educational background and professional experience for the purposes of the BCAP program, including but not limited to creating a user profile for you that may be accessed by other participants in the program.
- We may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the website; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries and submissions.
- We will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional messages without your consent or except.
When BCAP.biz Discloses Information:
- We do not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent. Please be aware, however, that certain personal or personally identifiable information provided to us in connection with your membership and participation in the program will become available to the other members of the program and may be collected and used by such members, subject to certain confidentiality obligations that BCAP.biz may impose from time to time.
- We may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to, among other things, assist such parties in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the website.
- We may disclose User information to affiliated companies or other businesses or persons to: provide web site hosting, maintenance, and security services; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; and assist us in improving the website and creating new services features. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice, we authorize only a limited use of such information, and we require these parties to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- We may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
- We also reserve the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect BCAP.biz from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the website; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of BCAP.biz, our Users, or others.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites:
You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers or ad networks. The policies contained in this Privacy Notice do not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites.
Our Commitment to Minors Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of minors (including young children) is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the website from persons under 21 years of age, and no part of the website is directed to persons under 21. If you are under 21 years of age, then please do not use or access the BCAP.biz site at any time or in any manner. Any person who provides their personal information to BCAP.biz through the website represents that they are 21 years of age or older. If BCAP.biz learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 21 years of age has been collected on the website, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, we use commercially reasonable efforts to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the website or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security and privacy issues relating to your use of the website. We may post a notice on the website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us via email.
The website is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data outside of those regions to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union and other regions, and by providing your personal data consent to: (i) the use of your personal data for the uses identified above in accordance with the Privacy Notice; and (ii) the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
In the Event of Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy:
In the event that BCAP.biz should ever be acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the event of BCAP.biz bankruptcy, insolvency, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, we may not be able to control how information that we have collected from Users is transferred or used.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by a “last modified” date below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
Effective Date, Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice is effective as of April 15, 2010.
Please contact BCAP.biz with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, or our third-party disclosure practices. We will endeavor to respond to your inquiry within a reasonable amount of time.